Things to do in Turku
If you plan of visiting Finland, we would recommend taking the short trip over to Turku from Helsinki! The trip is only 90 minutes by train. There are many fun things to do in Turku so we wanted to share some of our favorites. When you're in town, don't forget to come by our factory shop and say hello! We're located at Iso-Heikkiläntie 4 next to the Otavanaukio bus stop. Our opening times are Monday-Friday from 9-17. We hope to see you soon!
1. Turun linna/Åbo slott: Turku castle was built in the 1200s and is the oldest castle in Finland. Tours of the castle are available in English, Swedish, and Finnish. If you wish to roam the castle at your own leisure, you can do so too.
2. Turun tuomiokirkko/Åbo domkyrkan: The Turku Cathedral is located near Åbo Akademi by the old town square. The church is open to visitors during the week and the church museum is on the second floor.
3. Turku Food Walk: If you're a foodie and looking to try some of the local restaurants' offers without breaking the bank, give the Turku Food Walk a try! You can find more information from the Turku tourism website.
4. Moominworld/Naantali: Open in the summer, Moominworld is a must for any Moomin fan! The park is super kid friendly and there are programs in various languages such as English and Japanese.
5. Turku archipelago: The summer time is the perfect time to see the islands of the archipelago. You can drive through them with our intricate bridge and ferry system or see them by boat if you wish!